View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Is poker just not for me?

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this comes off as a bit of a harsh rant, but the pseudo-quote thing is one of my pet peeves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your point in wanting ideas properly attributed, but I don't think an encyclopedic knowledge of every 2+2 book should be a prerequisite for discussing these ideas either. Upon further review, perhaps I was a bit too casual in tossing that out there. Next time I'll try harder to phrase it in the form of a question: "Has anyone ever seen a reputable poker author say that blah blah blah?". But speaking up greatly increases the probability that someone will say, "You're wrong, it was really _____" or "You're right, it was on p. ____ of _____." Keeping quiet, though more appealing to the intellectual ueberpurist, is less likely to sustain a fruitful discussion about the value of aces.

If people read my half-remembered citation and conclude that it's gospel truth, then I'm disappointed that they do that. Unfortunately I can't force critical thinking on everyone who reads one of my posts. That said, I will see if I can find the passage I'm remembering and post it in context. Until then I certainly don't mean it as anything other than a vague recollection.