View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Interesting Hypothetical?

[ QUOTE ]
player A should bet enough so that his remaining stack is correct to draw to a 15 outer should the turn miss.

I'm not sure about player B situation. I would say bet enough to make drawing to 15 outs on the turn incorrect and pushing a blank turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we assume that both players are aware of the odds and only want to make plays with positive expecttaion, I think your line is wrong. Here's my thinking:

Player A should know he's about a 55/45 (wait... Twodiming it... .563/.437) favorite on the flop. Player B should also be aware of this. If Player A bets enough to make drawing to his outs on the turn correct, Player B probably wouldn't call because A) he's losing money on whatever he puts in on this street and B) he will be unable to force player A to make a mistake on the turn even if it is a blank.

As for the player "B" situation, no matter what B bets, A would just push over the top of him because he's a substantial favorite so B would never get a chance to push a blank turn.

Maybe there's a basic flaw in my reasoning but to me it looks like B should be check/folding and A should be pushing. That's just off the top of my head, though, so a more in-depth look would be nice.

SpaceAce