View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Interesting Hypothetical?

Hey all,

This one just popped into my head, and I thought that some of y'all might enjoy thinking about it...

$10/$20 pot-limit hold 'em heads-up where both players turn their cards face-up once the flop comes down. Stacks are $2000 each. Pot is unraised preflop. Flop comes:

T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Player A tables 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Player B tables A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

1) What is the optimal strategy for each if A is first to act?

2) What is the optimal strategy for each if B is first to act?

The answers might be obvious; haven't given it much thought yet... I feel like there might be some practical applications for the theory behind the answers, but I haven't tried to figure that out yet either... We can all work through it together (or, everyone else might find it boring/stupid, in which case, the thread will just die).

ML4L

Edit: For more fun, here is another wrinkle:

3) How does the proper strategy for each player change if the game is no-limit rather than pot-limit?