View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 09:50 PM

Default Re: \"The check deposits are in the mail\" about sums it up

This is not much of a story, but since you asked:

Briefly, "player" and his "alleged friend" on a couple of different occasions went to the Hosts and related how he/she had had sent in a draft (in a couple of different amounts) , but could they in the meantime get a small advance to play in a tourney. A couple of times, they were given small advances, but no checks/drafts ever arrived.

(The player(s) involved were allowed to cash out winnings and/or balances in the interim on request without a problem and have never been out of pocket any money for this tale of woe.)

I personally authorized the most recent small advance, because if no check(s) arrived, I would remember to have the accounts closed. (When asked for details of these supposed checks/drafts, the player gave some descriptions which were nonsensical about where they were drawn and how they were mailed.)

Neither of these supposed checks ever arrived, the accounts were closed until they do. I will be very suprised if either supposedly mailed draft arrives as this player had a previous history of similar conduct. We took a chance for $7.00 a couple of times and got burned by an apparent angle shooter, end of story.

Truepoker CEO