View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 01:43 PM

Default First time in Vegas and I have a hand question

Hi all! Well, I just got back from my first try at holdem in vegas. Ended down, but had a good time a learned alot about playing and my play. Looking back I found some mistakes and some good plays. However, there is one hand that has been haunting me and was wondering if I could run it by anyone for comments. Here goes....

I was in the small blind (2-4 game) with As9s. There were no raises all the way around and just about everyone was in. Everyone seemed weak so I called and the big blind checked. The flop was 10h9c5d. I was more than willing to fold at this point but it was quickly checked all the way around to me so I decided to bet (mistake?). My bet drove out all but two. A 5h showed up on the turn. There was a check then a bet. The bet caught me off gaurd but I called and the first guy folded. Then a King came up (can't remember but I think it was a club. The only guy left bet and I called. The guy turned over a 5 and a Jack (can't remember suite but I don't think he was on a flush draw). My question is, should I have known he hit trips with the five? I figured that if he had a five in his had he would not have came as far as he did, but obviously I was wrong. Thanks in advance....even if you do say I made an idiotic play [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]