View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: I\'m convinced PP sngs are seat dependant.

[ QUOTE ]
yugo and captsens:

no more namecalling. dynasty has started something that i think is brilliant: 2 day suspensions. brilliant!

captsens:

a) i'm pretty sure jen knows the math
b) i'm pretty sure doyle doesn't play T2 nearly as often as you think
c) beyond making you feel more comfortable at the table (which may have some EV to it) there is nothing to this sense that some seats are better than others.
d) it *may* be that good players tend to sit in those seats, who knows. that would make the players good, not the seats.
e) never confuse cause with effect.
f) you deserved to get a bit flamed for your OP, so calm the [censored] down.

yugo:

the correct answer is clearly orchids.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it when the voice of reason steps in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Seriously, thank you!

No, I'm absolutely am not surprised at the flaming on this post.
The title "I'm Convinced..." was meant with a bit of humor. I found Yugo's response not only to be void of any humor whatsoever (though I'm sure some might disagree on that), I found it to be downright underservedly nasty.

Probably a better title for the post might have been "What superstitions do you have at the SnGs?" or it might have been better posted in the "Psychology" forum. I like the SnG forum cause, well, that's what I play.

I sincerely apologize to Yugo if I offended him and for all the derogetory comments I made.
If someone fires at me verbally I have reflex to fire right back. That's not always a good thing.

Thanks Citanul for inspiring my apology.