View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

ODoyle,
I like every aspect of this, even the uniforms. I also like the idea of sharing the revenues from said tourney amongst the group that meets the challenge. Everyone has a vested interest in everyone else. Also, while the group of us is working off the hands, there is a significant base of moral support. The more that meet the challenge, the better the chance we walk away with something from the ME. I would also suggest that the sites, in addition to the 120K hands, require us to play in a certain number of SitNGo's, MTT or HU tourneys to prep us for tourney play. Thus, they are not only helping us get a seat, but also helping to educate us in NL tourney play, again giving us a better chance of success. I hope this gets some attention from Mr True, Mr Banana, or Mr Jones. I really like the idea, and am ready to get started on my hands. Though, I still think we should have 10 - 12 months to complete it. For the peeps already 8 tabling, 120 in 4 months is nothing. For those still 2 or 3 tabling, a longer time frame might get more people interested. The way I see it, I probably play 120K hands a year. So I am going to play that much anwyay. But now, in a given month, I play 1000 hands at Party, Empire and Multi, hours each at TB, UKB, and Will Hill, 300 at Plex, etc... you get the idea. Being able to consolidate my play to one specific site would be in the sites best interest.

Also, even with a year to play, the site stands to make a significant amount of money from those that come up short (and certainly people will come up short). 119,999K hands - no seat, but lots of rake (and tourney fees) generated.

Keep up the fight. I really like the marketing idea of the uniforms and hope that will make it an easy sell to any of the poker sites.

Besides True Poker, TGC, what other sites do you think might be interested. I would think that 100 players playing 120K hands would not be so appealing to sites like Party (but maybe the skins), or Poker Stars. But who knows, Stars would probably like a monopoly on all online WSOP qualifiers?

Perhaps we even make a web page/blog to track the challenge....gaining more pub for the site. All of us post our results, and tourney practice schedule. Set up some affiliate code ODOYLEARMY05 or something similar to get more players to sign up to the site. I think this has some real potential...