View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: your scummiest friend?

[ QUOTE ]
I know the general basics of double jeopardy, but not really the specifics. If someone was cleared of, say, murder, and then significant new evidence comes to light, can't they have another trial?

Seriously, I think your karma is going to be pretty [censored] if you don't try to do more to correct this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing that I can do except for vigiliante type justice. Statute of limitations, my word against his etc... Part of his attorneys angle was the hospital [censored] up. Evidently, if memory serves me, there was some accuracy to this. Those half truths are wicked stuff in capable legal hands.

It has been so long I can't even clearly recall all of the details. Remember, we were drinking when this came out. I was so stunned it was like I didn't even process it completely.

I carry a lot of guilt over a lot of stuff but not this one. There were people closer to the situation at the time it was going down that could have done something- yet they didn't.

I am sure you will be happy to know that I am suffering bad karma from other things.

So let's sum this up. Somebody started a thread and I responded by relating an unfortunate story. So far, I have been called a piece of [censored] and essentially accused of complicity and guilt by association. Flame me anyday- I don't care- but this is way out of line.