View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 10:57 AM

Default 2/4:overpair vs possible flush-wasn\'t sure what to do in this situatio

2/4 ring game on vc poker,nine handed
i've been there about an hour,still have my buyin which is 300
i've been playing fairly tight/solid,lost some of my stack initially when my top pair ran into trip 2's (the guy had called a raise with A2),built it back up through playing solid hands

anyway,i have $300 (the max buyin),most of the table has me covered,everyone involved in this hand does anyway...

im in the BB with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

guy makes it $12 utg +2,two callers,one in mid position,the other on the button,and i call from the blinds...

flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

pot is about $50,i bet out $50
i haven't noticed anyone in the hand getting wildly out of hand but people at the table are calling raises with Q4s,etc,and the middle position caller is a fish with $1700
so they could have anything really...
i bet because at this level on this site you'll often get people who'll call you with just the A of diamonds,or even the K or Q
plus i might get action from A8
as far as i'm concerned my overpair is probably good
i get one caller,the guy who raised initially...
turn is a 3,not a diamond
now that he called,i put villain on AK/AQ with a diamond
given that the turn is a blank,i reckon my hand is probably good,so i bet the pot,which is $150,leaving me with about $85
the reason i bet so much is that i don't want to be bluffed/semibluffed off the hand
i think if i bet 50 again then most players in this game would push with AK,one diamond,so i dont want to fold the best hand...

obviously the main hand i'm worried about is a flopped flush ,but i don't want to be playing too scared
i'm not happy with how i played the hand,but is there any way to suss out whether i'm beat here,given that i'm out of position,not very deep stacked,and don't want to be bluffed off the best hand?

comments on all this welcome,i'm not particularly happy with how i played it