View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 11:55 PM

Default An idea for analyzing by session

Every now and then someone makes a call for a hand history swap between players. I think this is a wonderful idea since, to paraphrase Ed Miller, your biggest leak is the one you make over and over and are not aware of.

I have and idea that is based on this hand history swapping, but will get more people involved in the act. Here is what I propose: one person anonymously post hand histories over an entire session for evaluation. This would mean that no one would know who they were evaluating, which I think would be a good thing since no one would feel intimidated to criticize the play of a well respected poster. This would also allow the player whose play is being evaluated to receive honest and objective criticism (not that they don’t already, but it would ensure it even more).

If a player has a regular leak, then it is likely that others have that same leak. Identifying this leak for one player would likely help numerous others. Let’s say, for example, that Johnny has some issues in big blind, and that he makes too many laydowns on the turn when he’s getting good odds. If someone were to point out incidents of this, then it logically helps Billy too if he has the same problem.

Here is how it would work. A player would anonymously send me a HH of a session he played, let’s say of at least a hundred hands, but not over 200. After a cursory review, I would post this session hand by hand, of course omitting the contributor’s identity. That would remain between me and him (or her – we have a couple of female posters too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

I want to make it clear I am NOT calling for hand history submissions right now!! I am merely floating this as an idea to the forum. If I get enough support I will do it. If you like this idea please respond in this thread. If you would be willing to have one of yr session scrutinized anonymously, mention that too. If enough people like this idea I will likely pm someone at that point.

EDIT TO ADD: This will be looking at ring games at first. This does not preclude 6 max in the future though.

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: For those of you that are not reading the subposts (don't blame you -- there are a lot of them), I am thinking about putting this session post at the top as a locked sticky. This will keep the clutter down. People will respond to a specific hand within that post by the last numbers of the hand number and the hand rank, so it would look like "Hand 4577 QTs".