View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: The Sidewalks Where Terror Breeds

So, is your solution to hang around and wait for the ME to fix themselves? Or is it to nuke the middle east into outer space? At the moment we are not only not hanging around waiting for a fix, we are exacerbating the problem. We are giving the youths on the streets of england a target for resentment -- the invasion of the middle east.

We can do what we need to influence the middle east to change their mindset. Otherwise, we are just waiting for change. I cant accept.

Let me point out that the sentiments of immigrants to their home countries are very strong. Just yesterday an older sicilian gentleman was talking to me about someone who had just left the table. "He is sicilian, they are good men". Italian Americans connect to their homeland, irish to theirs, arabs to theirs, chinese to theirs, that is the tribal instinct. American Irish actively supported the terrorists in Ireland and identified with the victimization.

Now, we are seeing this in the Arabs.

It is imperative to solving the problem that we not only understand the middle east, we also understand and influence how the middle east sees us. As poker players we do that all the time -- we try to understand how the opponent sees us and we influence that to our advantage. At least I do, every moment that I am fighting on the poker table.

Bush is taking a step in that direction by appointing Karen Hughes. However, if this appointment is about propoganda, you and I both know that actions speak far louder than spin.

Edit: And while we wait for the middle east to fix itself, we are actively breaking our society. Cannot fly databases, NY transit searches, next comes searches when we enter libraries, restaraunts, goto a university class, patriot act changes with NO sunset provisions.

I am beginning to feel sick as I read what I have written.