View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Why SS is not as good as it could have been (rant content)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand your post. There are many players on this forum who play higher limits, and a majority of the other posters play lower limits, but have huge bankrolls for the limits they play. Those players have not moved up because of a risk-aversion situation, not because they lack the skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some posters fall into this category obviously and I think in this group you find those who contribute in addition to the newcomers. It is those in between I attacked.

[ QUOTE ]

Many times the reason someone delivers a one line answer is because it really is that easy of a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]
To an easy question, of course. But very often I see somebody writing a 4-liner explaining their view and they just get answers implying they are wrong without providing any insight. I learn more from a newcomer explaining his action (even if it might be wrong) than from a middle 2/4-player stating what he finds obvious.

[ QUOTE ]
Telling everyone on the forum they suck is quite an unproductive way of improving the quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess most posters and lurkers are here to become good 50/100-players or something like this in the long run. Only way to become a good 50/100-player is to realize that you suck compared to them. And then look for ways to improve.