View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Favorite hand to crack aces

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not superstition, it's a matter of knowing a guy will not be able to lay down his aces even when it's quite apparent that they are no good. Not only that, he will toss away all his chips too in that situation. It's playing the person, not the cards. And as I said, I will happily sit down with any of you who don't understand that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're speaking gibberish now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't understand how the situation I have been describing can be profitable, then I am at a loss to help you--or just too dumb to clearly explain it. But I don't think I'm the idiot here.

[ QUOTE ]
I hate this cliche. Please, though, explain to me how it has any relevance to "What hand do you most like to crack AA with?"

[/ QUOTE ]

The cliche you hate is a cliche because it is applicable in so many situations, this being one of them. There is no relevance or correlation with this and having a favorite hand, I just know there are some fun stories people have about when they have cracked aces and was curious about some of them.

[ QUOTE ]
Please pay careful attention to the fact that in order to "crack somoeones' aces," there must be a showdown, and you must show down a winning hand. (In other words, the actual cards do have relevance.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that's where I've been going wrong all these years. Thanks Einstien.

[ QUOTE ]
I look forward to your reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

And BTW, you wouldn't happen to play football in Carolina would you??? I know an Adam Stewart who does--and would happily argue this in person if you are him.