View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement?

I'll be 31 on July 24th.

I live in Israel, have a gf for more than 5 years.

Besides poker I'm a freelance writer for TV and other media here.

I have a BA degree in philosophy, studied mainly eastern philosophy. Much prior to that I've also studied physics and math, but stopped before I got my degree. I enjoy math a lot and love learning and playing with it, but got very bored when it came to actually dealing with math and science full-time (although it was rather easy for me).

Movies? it's tough. Too many. I'll leave it open.

I'm playing poker seriously for somewhat more than 2 years. I've built a bankroll out of nothing, playing SNGs and some NL ring, and made enough to maintain a BR and also for regular nice cash-outs. Less than a year ago I've started playing MTTs seriously, and I have several 4 figures wins at $50-$100 buy-ins on-line, mainly from the few last months.

My biggest accomplishment though is probably qualifying on Stars for 4 consecutive EPT events this year (3 times using FPPs only), and winning packages worth about $30K total, including for the grand final in Monte-Carlo. Unfortunatly I ran very cold on the 4 events themselves, so no big cashes. (Although I did make a final table at a biggish side event in Monte-Carlo for a small win).