View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 06:52 PM

Default General Multi-tabling Discussion

Listen, I know this issue has probably been beaten to death, but i'm hoping there will be some friendly twoplustwoer's willing to share their wisdom.

First off, i'm playing at a Prima skin, and have built up a large enough bankroll to play the $20 or $50 tables,($1000+)

I started with just the $10 no deposit bonus, and have made nearly my entire bankroll from multi-tabling the $10 tables. I've been mostly six tabling, and have only had about one or two break even days since i started a month ago.

i've never played limits this low before and kinda just had to adjusted my play as i went along.

Since i moved up to the $20 tables, i've been having problems with hand selection, and keep getting confused about whether i have pot equity to show down a hand.

I know alot of you will suggest that i get a book, and i know which ones to get, but i have to order them and i plan to continue playing until i get them. This is why i could use some additional help.

* At the $10 tables i had pot equity to put anyone all in if i had an edge, more often than not they'd call with an even money flush draw, or top pair- horrible kicker. Now at the $20 tables i feel like i can't push with top pair 2nd nut kicker, and find myself giving up too many pots.

* I keep getting the feeling i'm playing too tight, possibly even too passive. I think i'm not getting the value out of my hands that i should because my focus is too narrowed on getting huge hands/pots. Since i started playing the $20 tables, i've really started to notice a huge (or at least seems huge) leak coming from lost blinds.

* i'm getting poker office and PT registered asap, i might not even get more than one more book because i think these programs will help me help myself more than having too many books.

Anyway, i have more, but i don't want this to be too long. I'm running pretty bad right now at the $20 tables, the deck has been brutely cold to me, and the suckouts haven't let up either. Hard to say exactly how well i'm playing at this limit since i've only been playing it for a few days now.

A cold deck at the end of a long break even suck-out session, i can't think of anything worse. Cry for me will you?