View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Favorite hand to crack aces

[ QUOTE ]
I've never cracked aces before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: I just saw that you are a veteran and probably have been playing much longer than I have--therefore, I apologize for being so dense that I didn't see you were kidding. I'm slow sometimes... Now then, back to my post.

-----------------------
Either you haven't been playing too long or you are way too weak tight. There's no way after playing any decent amount of time that you didn't see a flop with jacks or something and set and crack aces--it just happens.

It's also fun to talk about how superior a player you are after pulling some BS like cracking them with a four duece. If I do that early in a session I order a beer, start talking so much BS, and I just wait for a hand, because let me tell you--I get more action then I can handle!

It's so fun. Nobody notices that I haven't seen a flop in three rounds, they just remember the [censored] four two. I don't call a raise because I think I am good--it's an investment to get myself into a potentially very profitable situation. I wouldn't call if I was against decent players--there's no way my implied odds are there--but with people who think hold em is two card stud and just can't fold those rockets, it's a gold mine.

Also, I will call raises with any cards against people I know will almost certainly lay a hand down if it's worse than TPTK. It's fairly easy to see who are the weak guys. Then they just get bothered that I steal so much from them, get their aces, don't let them go, even to an all in reraise on the end, and just leave the table confused and frusterated about how such a crazy idiot got all the chips.

Very few people actually pay attention to my play in other hands and notice that I do have some clue about what I am doing. And I don't go in with 42o against those guys.