Thread: 49o in the SB
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: 49o in the SB

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, if you're going to continue with the hand after MP3 bets from the button, I think you have to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my main question on the flop. I think that all a raise does is represent a strong hand, but in terms of hand protection and all that stuff, I don't think it provides all that much extra that calling would have done for the extra bet. Again, against these players and this situation, so it's read dependant.

[ QUOTE ]
Note that I said "if"...depending on your reads on your opponents, I can see times when a check/fold wouldn't be a bad play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And in this situation, check/folding was not an option.

[ QUOTE ]
The turn lead represents either a true monster hand like a set or a just-made straight, or a lame attempt at a bluff. He obviously chose to interpret it as the latter. I prefer a check/call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, all that is fine and true, but I'm not betting based on what I was representing. If he folds a better hand here sometimes, great. But I'm ahead enough of the time here that betting the turn is a value bet. I don't want to give him a free card if he is on a draw, and he is drawing against me a lot of the time here.