View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Tournament theory question

[ QUOTE ]
When I am big-stacked at the final table, I am looking to knock players out, or at least prevent opponents from playing any drawing hands. I'm certainly not going to allow any kind of steal if I have any sort of hand.

If I'm getting 2:1 or better and have any kind of playable hand, then I'm very likely to put you to a decision for all of your marbles.

Then the question is up to you. What hands are you willing to play for the rest of your stack?

The situation that the original poster posed is a very unenviable situation to be in.

[/ QUOTE ]
No -- if I have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (for example), it's a good situation to be against a big-stacked player who will put me to a decision for all my chips with "any kind of playable hand", because A9 and 66 and KQs are favourites against that range.