View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Early morning MGM trip report

I had the day off so I decided to go to the MGM and play me some $1/2 NL. It was one of those sessions you never want to leave. Lady luck was smiling on me for sure.

I bought in for $100, $80 in nickels and $20 in dollars. Very early on, I believe the 5th hand I get A4 on the button. Four or five to the flop and it comes with an A4. I lead out and most fold except one who calls. Turn is a queen I believe and I lead out again for $25 and get another call. River is a another 4 and I check looking for a bet, which I get. He moves all in and I immediatly call and turn up the full house. He mucks without showing and is now tilting.
Later, I have about $300 in front of me. I look down one off the button at AA. It is raised to $10 in front of me by an equal sized stack to mine and I make it $40 to go. All fold back to the raiser. Flop is A 8 2 rainbow. Opponent is first to act and announces all-in. I insta-call and turn over the nuts. He does not show yet, and the dealer finishes the hand. He mucks his hand taps the table and says good hand. Over $600 pot. He has $6 bucks left and leaves it on the table and leaves. He said he had KK but I don't know why he would make that play on the flop with KK.

Still later I get aces again and flop yet another set. This was another $200 pot as the oppenent had AK and called my bets the whole way eventualy calling himself all-in.

The most amazing hand of the night was a hand near the end during which I was racking my chips up. I was BB and capped my chips as I was talking to the dealer. I never did look at the them. So the option gets to me and I say go ahead because I believe I was thinking I had my hand from the previous hand. The flop comes KKJ and I stop racking my chips to check my hand. I see JJ. Ok, cool this is a going to be good, there are about 6 players to this flop. I check and it checks around until late position bets out $20 into a $12 or so dollar pot. Oh goody, I call. Folds around and the turn snaps off another jack. And boom goes the dynamite! I look frustrated and check, and opponent bets out $50. Beautiful, I call. River is a blank, And I put him all in for approx, $40 more. Here it gets funny. Now keep in mind I have had aces 4 times in this 3 1/2 hour session. So he sits back and says something about, aces again huh. I am laughing inside my head. He is trying to put on some show, thinking his kings full are the nuts. He sits up and calls and turns up K9. I throw the 4 jacks out and he nearly falls over in his chair.

So the total for the session was $600 profit in 3 1/2 hours. I left at 5am only because I have to work today. I didn't want to leave though as I was simply running the table the whole time. I busted 6 people, one guy twice, during the course.

Also want to mention what a great room the MGM has. It and the Aladdin are my two favorite.

Nite