Thread: QQ fold preflop
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 09:25 AM

Default Re: QQ fold preflop

Hi fv,

[ QUOTE ]
BTW/ i would muck here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the problem I have with folding (besides the fact that it's less fun): if you're folding QQ here, then presumably it's because you think there's a high chance you're up against AA/KK. If my opponent is that tight and readable, then doesn't it make sense to take a flop with him, getting 2:1 right now, with $850 left in our stacks? If I flop a set, there'll be 300 in the pot with 3 betting rounds left; shouldn't be too hard to get the whole 850 from him--what could he do if you bet/raised the size of the pot?

Plus, we ought to have some additional equity by moving all-in if an Ace flops (without a King flopping as well), though you could argue that his small ($100) re-raise pre-flop can only be Aces, since he can't give an Ace-high hand 2:1. Obviously we don't put another chip in the pot unless a Queen or an Ace flops.

I guess there's nothing too wrong with just leaving it alone if he plays this tight and predictably, but if you're just gonna reload if you somehow get stacked in this hand, then it seems like it's worth making a "bad" call pre-flop, since sucking out on this type of player's Aces/Kings may lead him to play much worse. And if he wins, he'll be making a huge mistake only reraising you 100 bucks in this spot next time, if the stacks are 2 grand apiece.