View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 07:28 AM

Default Re: How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement?

I'm new to the MTT forum but I hope to be posting a lot here in the near future. Most of my posts have come from Micro LHE, SSHE, and to a lesser extent HUSH. So mostly I've played LHE for my whole career and am trying to learn MTTs for various reasons.

By the way I love AIM as a resource to discuss hands, concepts, strategies and everything else dealing with poker. If anyone feels like having a conversation about a hand they just busted out on, some MTT strategy or theory or just whatever, please AIM me at josh1slim. I really enjoy it, even if it's just "how's this hand?" "nh, looks good".

I'm 19, my birthday is May 13, 1986.

I live in Alabama, but I will be living in Fukuoka, Japan for the upcoming school year (September-May) to "study".

Totally single, no kids.

No occupation besides poker ATM. I am looking into taking up sports betting though.

Well my major currently is Computer Science, but I might be changing that to Asian Studies or Business or who the hell knows what. I have no idea what I want to study, just trying to enjoy myself and life at the moment. Over the next year I'll be concentrating on Japanese language and culture.

I don't have a specific favorite movie. Among my favorites are Dr. Strangelove, Rushmore, and to throw in something more recent I also enjoyed Zoolander.

My best poker accomplishment is beating Party Poker 5/10 6max for a respectable rate over 150K hands. Second place is beating Party Poker 10/20 6max for a smaller but still respectable rate over 30k hands (is that even an accomplishment? I don't know.)
I've been playing poker for about a year and a half, been playing seriously online (started at .5/1 LHE) since about December.

Some of my goals in the future:
Beat mid/high NLHE games.
Beat mid/high LHE games.
Beat mid/high buyin MTTs.
Play in some WSOP events at some point, and hopefully do well.