View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Cash Game Theory REVISITED WITH NEW COMMENTS BY ORIGINAL POSTER

whoever responded to my earlier post, thank you. Now that I have digested the information and anaylyzed myself and my game much more rigoursly, I have come to a conclusion. The players that I play with, in a full game of 9 players, I have already played with 5-9 of them already. SO I THINK that they dont pick up tells over time since I have played with them soo many times before and thus I dont think its a reason why I am losing after couple of hrs. I am extremely confident in my game, and I like to think that I am unpredictable. HOwever, here is my problem and this is where I need help. I now believe that in the beginning I do play my A game b/c its really impt for me to win some chips early for various reasons. HOwever, once I "WIN" these chips, I dont treat it like money. I play loose, make some questionable calls etc b/c I am now up. I turned 2k to 18k in one session in this game, and now I am not content with only winning a grand. When I win, I am going for it all, a huge night. BUT I know this is a wrong mentatlity but I cant help myself. Because right now I consider myself tight-aggresive player who is much more agressive than the avg player...if I sense weakness I will go after it, which can get me in trouble.

So basically I nee help/advise from all you forum posters on how to play titer...how do I get the gamble out of me?

Also, If I were to only play premium hands and suited connecotrs and small pairs in late position, what can be a reasonalbe hourly rate for that style of play for those stakes (NL 600, 10-20 blinds)?

Thank you everyone for your help,
An aspiring pro