View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 11:38 PM

Default Re: 10/20 or 15/30 HE in LA?

inkstain,

I just checked your link to our website (I work at the Bike) and some of the information is out of date (I'll forward an email tonight to the webmaster).

First you need to sign up for a Classic Club Membership Card. It's painless and takes about five minutes. Then for 25 hours of play at limits 9/18 and above within a calender month, you recieve $25 cash back in "Player Rewards". If you play less than 25 hours, you don't recieve cash rewards. For every additional hour of top section play beyond 25 hours, you recieve $5 per hour. So for 150 hours top section play in a month, you would recieve $650 Player Rewards cash back (actually chips, but you can immediately convert to cash). Some players cash in well over $1000 per month. The hours are tracked by swipes of the Classic Club Membership Card by a chip runner on the hour, so if you time it right in fact you can get three swipes in just over two hours. Bottom section players also get cash (obviously less) but can use three swipes for a meal.

The reason that there are not too many 10/20 games Los Angeles is that most clubs have 9/18 or 8/16, which is usually the top end of the jackpot games. To keep the games from interfering with each, generally top section starts at 15/30. The Bike has 10/20 (no jackpot) and 8/16 (jackpot), but they tend to cater to different crowds.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Rick