View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Weak Overcard Outs-Clearing

1. Hand #2 is pretty clearly a raise here. You have so much equity from the combination of draws here that failing to raise can only hurt. Allowing the TAG behind you to raise is bad. Take control of the hand. Anyone who votes for a call is playing too tight-weak here in my opinion and is not maximizing their chance to win the hand.

#3. This was the hand that I actually played the other night. Many advocate a fold, which isn't bad, but I urge everyone to consider the players involved. The 2+2er may realize the move I'm making but will also realize that his equity against two opponents may be poor and that his odds given the flop raise are slim. Donk in SB will shut down after my raise and may give up the pot to me. All my Qs, 10s, and 9, likely become clean outs if a raise forces button to fold.

Folding is safe here and I actually don't think calling is offensive, but given the reads I think max value is certainly in raising. Short-handed pots like this I like to focus on getting as many hands as I can heads up with the fish, particularly if there is money in the pot dead already.