View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Big Pair, 3 opponents.. Wimpy 6th street check?

[ QUOTE ]
Most reasonable $20-40 players wont stay in till 6th ( multi-way ) trying to spike an Ace. They would have been out by 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't most 20/40 player realizes that it would be very rare to get raised after you hit this card. The guy who got the Ace did already show some aggression....at a pretty wierd time.

I don't always slow down. But the combination of the wierd raise on 4th (which could be a 2 pair or an attempt to get a free card on 5th with a hand like 9A9T). Makes me want to check here. I don't think a straight draw is too likely because A :: Beer completed before the action hit this player and B :: the 4th street raise seems to want to kick people out, not keep the pot multiway, which I think the draw would want...right?

My basis for slowing down is that I don't think a straight draw likely. This means that the remaining hands I can put the opponent on seem to augue against raising.

But I'm not exactly sure I can make the assumptions I did about a bad 20/40 player. Just how bad is a bad 20/40 player?