View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 02:02 PM

Default Re: I know I shouldn\'t, but I just can\'t help it...

How do you know Phil is doing so well at poker? He won a couple of tourney's at the WSOP this year, but he also spends lots of money on tournament entry fees, and obviously loses alot in ring games and with his internet play. If not for the book/endorsement deals he has very wisely set up, who knows if Phil would be in poker anymore? The man loses A LOT of money. So perhaps you know where we can find out what he spent vs what he made (playing poker) for the year and we can decide just how superb his playing skills are. Otherwise, I'll be glad for Phil to come on down anytime, I've seen him play alot more then he's seen me play [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think Phil is great for poker. I don't like listening to him, reading what he writes, or even seeing his face on TV playing in the WPT or WSOP. But because he is young, and has faired well in WSOP events, he brings a nice brash to Poker that makes most people love to hate him. If his style brings people to poker, thats great. But I think you give the man too much credit for his actions.