View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Folding the nuts... would you... ?

This hand is just awful.

PF: Open raise.... marginal. Calling the second re-raise? Horrible.
Likely re-raising hands OOP.. AA-QQ AK, all of which we are dominated by.
Flop: I don't like it. You say you've been really aggressive in recent pots... keep it up. Make it 25-30 BBs to go, sets aren't going anywhere, nor are smaller flushes (although I think that they are very unlikely).
Turn: your 2BB bet is just atrocious. Bet at LEAST 1/2 the pot - 3/4 the pot. If he check-raises you still, push.
River: Given your play thus far, fold to the boat.

This pot should have been all in by the turn.

Also.. stack sizes and some reads would be good.

Overall, the big flaw in this hand, as I see it, derives from the following comment:
[ QUOTE ]
You obviously wanna slow play it because you came out swinging the last 4 hands with top pair/middle pair and won without having to show your cards, so the players respect you now.

[/ QUOTE ]
First off, players do NOT respect you more, they respect you less given this information.
Second off, this flop hit pretty much every re-raising hand except for JJ, and most will give you at least some action, and some may give you a LOT of action.

The decision to slowplay or not should not be made based purely on the texture of the board. The only time I would slow play this hand would be if the other players were betting very large at the pot for me. Even then, I would still raise the turn. Any [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] kills your action, and any card that pairs the board puts you in a tough spot.

You set up a nice aggressive table image for yourself.... this is the time to use it.