View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: 2 Routine Scenarios..

1.) Calling is generally the best overall play here. Some good players will simply bet out with the ace and a lower pair or a big draw. Some will have aces-up or have you crushed in another manner. Some bad players will alternate between these two options as well. How do you know which they're choosing? Since poker is a game of incomplete information you dont. Therefore in most instances you will simply be calling. Raising isnt ideal in case you run into the second scenario. If you run into the first you're not much of a favorite anyway and need not risk 2-1 or a raise with one pair here. Dosent it suck when your opponent catches a live ace?

2.) Raise nearly every time here. I've seen good players bet, with just trips, when its almost ceratin they're up against a draw. I suppose they're reasoning is something along the lines of "you cant ever put a party poker player on a hand" or "you never know what a party poker player is foolish enough to pay off with". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] As for bad players, they arent putting you on a hand. All thats going through their mind is "I've got trips, gotta bet!". So raise the river. Fold is reraised and the villan is a soild/non-tricky type.

Mike Emery