View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Yet another AA hand for review

I don't think the flop bet is bad, though I do kind of like the idea of maybe betting something like 22-26. But obviously that's relatively minor. I don't think you can worry about pushing a draw out. If some moron calls 12 preflop with just K-Q or Q-9, they're probably not letting go after that flop. They just don't know any better. And once you bet out 30 and get called by BOTH of them, I'm thinking most of the time you're way behind. I'm not sure I want to put much more into this pot. I probably check the turn and possibly fold if someone tries to put me all in, depending open my read on their play so far. I realize you would only have 60-65 left into a pretty good pot, but again, I think that the vast majority of the time two people calling 30 after the flop with that board is BIG trouble for aces. That's part of the reason I like a slightly smaller flop bet. 25 should be enough to push out any silly draws, but it save you just a little more. Again, 30 is not really any different. But this board is definitely not the best flop with AA and two callers.