View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 07:24 AM

Default Re: What does it mean when your opponent calls/raises PREFLOP?

[ QUOTE ]
Your preflop raises get respect? Huh? Dude, this is micros. When I get dealt AA KK or AKs UTG I expect, nay, DEMAND to be outdrawn by J3o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. It is probably due to my poor game selection skills. I don't always have the patience to wait around for 20 minutes looking for a game full of fish. Maybe it is just the site I play on... I play at Stars. On average, at least when I look, fewer people see the flop at 0.50/1 limit than at the 1/2 limit tables there. The average VP$IP of the tables I sit at is around 25%.

I am looking at PokerTracker right now, and it says I have only limped with AA UTG once, and raised with it twice in that position. Terrible sample size, but over half my table was made up of tight passives that one time. Contrary to what I thought, in my 4k hands recorded, I have never done it with KK or AK.

It very well may have been a bad move on my part, but I think it blindsided the one limper and the blinds when I showed down AA that hand... they never saw it coming [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]