View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: What kinds of swings can one expect on the Party 5-10 6max?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
8-10k, definitely.

5k is not enough as you will have to drop down if you hit downswing starting out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the psycho effects are far worse for someone starting out 5/10 sh with 300 bb than for a seasoned player who choses to play with 300 bb (cashouts), after a big down swing.

When you start out, you still don't have full confidence. Being over-rolled is good.

If it were a jump from 2/4 to 3/6 full, then 300bb to 400bb is easily enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being over-rolled is good. I am a big fan of it and have always practiced it.

On the other hand, the OP claims to have 200,000 hands of 2/4-5/10 full at 3.5BB/100. He should have plenty of cash and basically be able to sit down at 5/10 6 max with a very small bankroll and hit the ground running.

He is wanting to play 15/30, I am recommending against it, as the questions he is asking aren't indicitave of someone ready to beat the 15/30 for very much. I think he will make more in the 5/10 and improve his play while getting used to the bigger swings by taking the 6 max path. Given his claimed success in the full games, his risk of ruin with even a very small bankroll provided he is willing to drop back is basically 0.

Of course, since he's ready to play 15/30, I don't even know why he's posting a bankroll thread question about 5/10. Clearly he has the roll.

Nigel