View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Re: RavenusRhino 5/10sh post hands w/me (and hear me ramble)

Sorry 'bout the bad stretch Ravenus. Sounds like you are betting too many hands. I only played a handful of hands with you, but I saw this one and I really don't like it.
You are UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop:
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

River: (6.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

I hate the river bet. What could somebody call you with that you beat given the board? Check it and call. When you are ahead, you could gain an extra bet out of these types of hands by inducing a bluff. By betting out, you are leaving yourself open for a raise by an A, a flush, and even an occasional bluff which is disastrous here.