View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Playing Bad Players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest. I think it's harder to play against bad players online (they're cake in live poker).

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading here. This is a common sentiment amongst new players and losing players. It demonstrates a fundemental lack of understanding of the game.

Until you understand why, you should stick to nano-limits. You will lose less that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

We probably have a different definition of what a "bad player" is.

There are differences between fish, maniacs and bad players.
Fish are bad players in a good way - meaning that they are great for taking chips from. They're new to poker and only have a basic knowledge of the game.

Maniacs are bad players in a long term good way - meaning that over time, they really lose big, and you can win big off of them.

Bad players are just bad players - they basically don't know anything, they're not maniacs/loose, they simply have no clue what their hand means and how to bet it. They are completely random. They've probably seen celebrity poker once and think they know how to play poker.

Not saying that I'm a great poker player, but there are many players out there that are totally oblivious. And they are the hardest players to play against.