View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: KK, overpair, coordinated flop

[ QUOTE ]
actually, i don't think i'd have raised the turn- but i just reread your posting and you realized this yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a turn raise is bad. Villain could easily not have two pair, depending on how passive he is. You've got a lot of donks in the middle who are drawing, and if you passed the opportunity to make them pay on the flop, you should make them pay on the turn. The turn card is about as blank as it gets.

Even *if* villain has two pair, you've got about 5-6 outs (discounted) to making a better two pair. And again the *if* falls on how solid of a read you have on villain. If he can't bet top pair on a two-flush, gapped three-straight board, then calling is okay.

And I overcall this all day long, even though it looks thin. I'm really worried about passive SB, but I would want to have a very solid read on him before making this fold. The donk-factor kicks in at around 5%, which is right where this call lands. Also, hero closes the action, so he knows that this is the end of the everything.

The donks in the middle are far less worrisome, although it's entirely possible one of them picked up a two pair somewhere.