Thread: K9s and KT
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: K9s and KT

[ QUOTE ]
I just dont know when to call down and when to fold when I dont have a good read on the villian.

Hand 1

Table was very loose passive. Villian is semiloose aggressive aggressive.

Is this even worth a call down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call him down. He might have chosen to get aggressive because everyone else folded out. He may have a king with a worse kicker.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2

Table is loose passive. No read on villian because I have never played with him before. Alot of you are gonna say to raise on the river, if you do, can you tell me what range of hands you are putting the villian on that would make raising the best play?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Against an unknown, I bet-call the river. I would hate to see him check behind with something like 99 who was trying to bully you out of the pot and now thinks it's futile. Also, the king pairing on the board means that it's less likely he has a king and more likely he's got something else (maybe A6 or a medium pair).