View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Sartre\'s Contradiction

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You really ought to read Being and Nothingness

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm trying to avoid. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] May have to bite the bullet someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably sort of kidding saying this...but if you really don't want to read it, then your question really isn't important. Because, if it were important, you'd certainly want to read the book and come to a fuller understanding from the *source* of your question.

Or, you can hope someone with a fairly rich understanding of Sartre happens by this thread. Of course, it will be tough to be sure if this individual even knows Sartre thoroughly...b/c...well, you know so little, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

I am just getting back into 'heavy' reading since I graduated from college...but Sartre could magically appear on my list as I haven't read anything more than excerpts from him. I think my problem was I read several hundred pages of Maurice Merleau Ponty and it really killed all motivation I had to continue in that vein of Philosophy.

Or just read Kierkegaard....you most likely will enjoy it more and may very well get more out of it.

Yugoslav