View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 04:37 PM

Default i should have known this hand was gonna be trouble... HU 2/4 hand

Okay... i've taken this guy to the cleaners a couple of times, but he keeps coming back, and appears to have gotten a lot better since i hosed him last time. there is a lot of good 2/4 and 3/6 HU action on absolute lately. this one hurt a little...

The game was going pretty tight. i lost a couple of hands right off the bat where my two pair lost to a higher two pair, and have managed to aggressivly steal my way back even. I won't be playing this player again, since i feel that i ccan no longer beat him badly enough to make it worth my while and overcome the rake (which, in an aggressive HU stud game, takes about $10/half-hour off of the table). we've each been raising every time we have an ace on the door.

anyway:

Seven Card Normal $2/$4 [ 2005-07-20 05:27:10 ]
Seat 4 -$33.25 in chips
Seat 7 (hero)-$42.50 in chips
(we each started with $40- that rake hurts, eh?)

hero - Pocket [6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], Bring-In $1
seat 4 - [H,H,A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] Raises $1 to $2
hero - Calls $1

*** 4TH STREET ***
seat 4- [H,H,A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
hero-[6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
seat 4- Bets $2
hero- Calls $2

just called trying to set up this- i am very confidant that he isn't on a spade draw:

*** 5TH STREET ***
seat 4- [H,H,A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
hero- [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
seat 4- Bets $4
hero- Raises $4 to $8
seat 4- Calls $4

I don't like that spade, but i'm still sure i'm ahead. i'm thinking to myself 'this is the hand where i break him'... hopefully he thinks i'm going low and is calling with a middle pair or something...

*** 6TH STREET ***
seat 4-[H,H,A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
hero- [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
seat 4- Checks
hero- Bets $4
seat 4- Calls $4

okay, i'm sure he doesn't have the spades.

*** RIVER ***
seat 4-[H,H,A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],H]
hero- [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
seat 4- checks
hero- Bets $4
seat 4- Calls $4

i bet it for value and i lose to a rivered flush. DAMMIT. do you think i shot myself in the foot with my little slowplay on third and fourth? 'never slowplay low rolled trips' has been a rule of mine in hi-lo, but this is HU... thoughts?