View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Donating on a higher level - did I play this wrong?

Given the size of the pot and what appears to be a solid read on the hero's part, i'd say the river call with unimproved queens was correct. the opponent will bluff more than one time in ten, i'd think. i think you actually played that hand about right, sexdrugsmoney...

one more thing:

[ QUOTE ]
Many Thanks for your reply bholdr, you have no need to be sorry, you are trying to prevent me losing money!

[/ QUOTE ]
bad thinking here, I am trying to help you WIN MORE money... right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

okay, i lied, here's more- I generally think that people should not read poker books under the assumption that 'this book applies to these limits', 'this other book applies to this game or that game', etc... it's much better to just read them all and put your own strategy together to fit whatever the specific game conditions may arise, and the way to do so is to have a deep and solid understanging of ALL types of games. read SS and SS2, HLSP and 7csfap, even west, and especially TOP... it takes a long time, but it's far better to have a theroetical understanding of a game than just a situational/rote understanding. imo.