View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: How to play against a flush draw? What should I have done ?

[ QUOTE ]
He was drawing to an open ended straight as well as a flush...even money call for him if he gets to see the next two cards. Your allin bet gave him the opportunity and the odds, and it makes you look like you don't want to be called.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure what the point of this statement is. The OP wants it to look like he doesn't want to be called because in fact he would love to be called by many hands his opponents might be holding. If his opponent had Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (i.e. top pair) rather than J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and the opponent thinks "oh, the all-in means he doesn't want to be called, he must have a flush draw so my QJ is good right now and I will call the all-in", then that would be a great result.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe it would be better here to bet 1/2 to 2/3 of the pot on the flop, same on the turn, check the river if a scare card comes.
he's not laying down his hand here no matter what, but at least you have a chance to get away from your hand, or loose less than your whole stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's top freaking two. With these stack sizes, our concern should be how best to get our opponents to put their money in the pot. Not how we could get away from our hand or lose the minimum when we are beat.