View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 02:48 PM

Default live 10/20 HOR amusements

decided to play some live poker last night, got "sup bro"'d by poster w. deranged while sitting 1/2nl and decided to join his 10/20 HOR game and donate for a while, as the EdFish is wont to do when the nl nits berate him for being such a fish.

in classic fashion, i ran really hot while playing with the mantra of "calling is easy.... and fun!", which i repeated many times throught the night.

w. deranged is both a good player and a good guy, and came up with a couple of interesting ideas during the session. first, while tipping a dealer, he made a comment to the effect of "someone should start marketing tip-back for live poker!" a few hands later, we were heads-up in razz and i called a bet on 4th while clearly behind. he bet again on 5th and i asked for "fish-back" when i laid it down on 5th..... will was very amused and tossed me a white chip (w00t!) as an extention of the previous, the next time we switched to razz, will asked the dealer if ante-back could be instituted....for some reason everyone at the table besides the two of us was very confused.

in summary, i played like a fish, finished up a rack, and was entertained to boot.

getting out from behind a computer and playing live rules.