View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Going to war w/ a piece of cheese

First of all, A6o is a veritable monster against some of the friggin' cheese YOU limp with. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Besides, given the dead money so many opponents will throw in postflop at the typical AJ's 15/30 game, the 75:1 or whatever it is to flop a full house or better justifies the 8:1 preflop call...just kidding, of course.

I think the turn played itself given Ulysses' position and his opponents' actions/tendency. The 3-bet is absolutely mandatory. I didn't pick up that these guys were type to bet/cold-call *inappropriately* with gutshots on the flops, and I just can't see a way Ulysses is behind on the turn. These two don't sound like the type that are stupid or brilliant enough to change their pace up enough to maximize their expectation on *this particular hand.* If one of these guys has a set, sh!t happens.

On the river, I might get a bit of a twinge as I thought "Aww, phuck, could this guy limp with AT, suited or otherwise." That would last a second before I bet it. I think that the key criteria on the river, regardless of where the lead bet comes from, is that no fewer than one and no more than two bets go in on the river.

Dan

P.S. That may have been the most rambling incoherent post since Elysium's last one.