View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Horrible play or nice play back at the stealer

When I play back at him, I'm definitely either immediately pushing or calling and pushing the flop, almost regardless of whats on the board. I'd probably (maybe - depends who I'm against) fold AJ to an all in that risks more than 1/2 of my stack, because I know that I can easily accumulate the lost chips (from folding) by either bullying (depends who is in blinds) or pretending to bully with a monster, knowing that a lot of players will pop a raise back at me thinking I'll fold my garbage hand again because I'm bullying, and I'll end up with all their chips. I would see it as not worth the risk if i'm already big stacked. It sucks to go from big stack to medium because you have to take a few risks to get there, which is always risky lol. And I think calling shows more strength and I'd fold on the flop to a push for that much unless I hit at least top pair or had a read. But calling and bluffing the flop gives the big stack a chance to hit top pair, which he isn't going to fold, so this is probably a bit more risky.