View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: 25+2, Open for comments

exactly what blackaces said, bet the pot or a bit more on flop. if its checked to you on the turn then push (assuming turn card is relatively safe), you'll get called by pretty much any hand a certain percentage of the time (yes literally any two cards) i'm not sure how long you played at that table or if you knew how loose the table was (maybe it wasnt and they were all limping with pocket pairs?), but it looks like a bigger raise preflop would've been beneficial. I'd have probably raised to 100, pretty much like you, and then gotten pissed off 3 people called lol. buts its a 25+2, what do ya expect?

to actually answer your question though, I think I'm calling or pushing in this situation (i think a call would be more appropriate but im not really sure i cant think right now), under the assumption that nobody (sane) would call your raise preflop holding a 2, unless its 22 or A2s, which I think are both improbably enough that its +ev for you to play like he doesn't have one of those hands, compared to assuming he does and folding, which i think is pretty unlikely. Additionally, I don't think anybody (sane) is raising w/A2s when they flop a pair of 2s and no draw with that many players left to act behind him, including the player who made large preflop raise. Only way he has a 2 is if he has quads, which don't really need a strong bet on the turn... or if he flopped two pair, but i'm praying that he's not the worst player in the world and called your preflop raise w/27o. Of course he could have turned a boat, in which case you're pretty [censored]. im probably calling/pushing here hoping he doesnt have a set or a full house even without a read on him, only because its a 25+2 and you already have a lot of chips in the middle and I don't want to be short stacked against the kind of players in this tournament... every good player is gonna end up getting donked in one of these and needs to have chips to survive it. so i'm putting my chips in the middle here. after all this rambling, i think the most likely scenario is that he is holding top pair and knows the two on the turn won't help you if you're holding overcards. so yea i hope u called/pushed and have results to post.

-kyle

lol ok so after all of that, i just reread the OP and saw that you CHECKED the turn, in which case he could be raising with pretty much anything here trying to take the pot down. and he could have a flush draw but if he does his odds aren't looking too good right now anyway.

also, sorry if anything is incoherent or something - i havent slept in more than a day i think.