View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Sheikhan/Matusow penalties, WSOP ME.

You are correct about the reason for the penalty (well, I guess that was obvious because you heard it from Ken Lambert).

I was a few feet away during the entire extended incident. Matusow had been ragging on Sheikhan prior to the explosion, but in his goofy, Matusow way - nothing mean, really. After Sheikhan folded preflop, he slammed the table and started bitching to spectators when he saw the flop, most likely because he would've hit his hand. Matusow said, “We’re in a hand, why don’t you shut the f*** up.”

Then Sheikhan went off, yelling at Matusow, "What did you say Mike? What did you say, Mike?"

When Jack Effel came over to referee, Sheikhan yelled what Matusow had said - they could probably hear it at the Nugget. That is when the two got a penalty.

On top of all that, Sheikhan was abusive to Effel when he came back from penalty. He kept staring Effel down, saying, "You're doing a great job, Jack, a great job." Stuff like that, obviously sarcastically.

Sheikhan is a Grade A jackass. You know you're an asshat when everyone in the room sides with Mike Matusow.