Thread: QQ while i tilt
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: QQ while i tilt

[ QUOTE ]
SB ... always bets or calls the flop, but reliably check/folds the turn when he doesn't connect with the flop+turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he still check-fold the turn if there's no aggression back at him on the flop?

Because given your relative position and this horrible flop, I'd really like to just call the flop and raise a friendly turn card. There are lots of bad cards that could come, and you can't really protect your hand in this huge pot. I know it's overused but I think this is a legit application of "waiting until the turn".

If you had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] it's a different story.

EDIT: As played, I think you still have to raise. Just because you think he has a piece of the flop doesn't mean he has a 5 ... he could easily have top pair/overpair and wanted to stop-and-go a non-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Either remaining player could easily have non-heart overpairs that you really want to go away, or they could have a worse hand with a single [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that you can charge. I think you would have heard from a flopped flush or AA/KK more already.