View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Level 2 JJ Hand (Party $11)

I only raise less than 3xBB in levels 1-3 when I have aces, or a really strong hand on the button with 1 or 2 limpers to that point, and then only occasionally. I think the amount of a preflop raise is very much dependent on the table. There are times when I would feel fine raising to 100 as you did, if I think these people will lay down. I don't want to see 3 other people in the hand while I'm holding JJ. Maybe it just so happens that these people you're playing are all pretty tight and they all have good hands, but 3 callers, no reraises...sheesh. I would not want to see that. This looks like a table where you need to be going 5xBB in the early levels, minimum.

I definitely would have bet at that flop, if only to isolate. Yeah, isolate the guy with A9, haha. I would hate to give up on this hand just because three people called. I probably would have done something stupid and kamikazed on the flop, betting enough to commit myself to it. But then again everyone probably would have laid down and I would have felt fine about it. On the other hand, a bet of around 100-150 might be enough to scare everyone but the guy with the T out of it.

The guy pushing on the turn is buying it. If he had a hand he would have milked it, surely. Did you even consider calling? The button checked the flop...I don't see many people with that much patience at the $11s...I don't think I would have been worried about him.