View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 09:14 AM

Default Re: What was Phil Ivey thinking?

I didn't mix up the hands the other guy did. I didnt say he said that. I said if he said that it makes it worse. I didn't see the other and you are referring to.

I believe i have enough info for my conclusion. The reason i say it doesn't matter what size Phil I's stack size is because no matter big, small, or medium his stack is i feel it is incorrect to make a wreckless play like this. The risk vs. reward is more your risking for less reward. Anotherwords if Phil has big stack he will get away with this play somewhat often by moving in. But he only stands to gain the limpers sb and the blinds while risking all of his chips assuming bellende or the blinds(one of the 3) have more chips than him. If he has a medium stack the same thing. If he has a small stack the same except it will work MUCH less often as people won't fear calling Phil I's short stack move in as much as his move in as a big stack because he can't hurt them. But you see in all these situations no matter what his stack size is none are worth risking going broke with a 95 off to win a small pot. Does it make a little more sense now?