View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Did i make a mistake here? Orleans Open NL

I'm not about to go into the best NL players in the world...

Your orginal question was did the villian make the correct decision? You can say all you want about which hands you would make that play with, but you have to look through the villian's eyes.

You made a 6.5x re-raise or more appropriately, risked 6500 to win a 1700 pot. If you are a casual observer, does that seems like something a reasonable poker player (no matter how tight you may come across as being) would make if they had AA, KK, or QQ? If I had to put the probability of those hands, I would easily say something around 10:1. When you have TT and put that into context, then the only REAL hand you are afraid of is JJ, and everything else is worst case 50/50.

You may have gone all-in with QQ on a previous hand, but was that player at the same table with you? And was the over-bet as rediculous (6.5x the bet made, total amount ~4x the pot)? I highly doubt those were all the case.

As we know, poker is a game of inperfect information, so I think the villian made the correct call there, and that was in fact your orginal question, right?

You had other options than moving all-in and and the others would have made going broke on that hand much less probable