View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: InterPoker trying to get rid of the bonus whores?

[ QUOTE ]
if its possible, i actually kind of feel bad for the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

On some levels I agree with this. On more capitalistic levels, I think they're getting a bit of what they deserve for hiring bean-counters who set the bonus levels way too high at the low limits.

[ QUOTE ]
...so as a business, what do they do?

[/ QUOTE ]
Changing the bonus to 5x at the higher rake I think is also a bad idea. The micro-limit players that they lose probably won't be offset by the minimal increase in 2/4 and higher players that they get. Also, a 5x bonus still leaves them with potential of paying out way too much bonus money.

As a business, I think they should either try to get bought or borrow a ton of money to upgrade their software. From my discussion with the manager, their software backend currently does not support partial points for rakes of less than a dollar. I know other sites do support partial points for different rake levels and it is possible. If they can do this, then they can go back to $90 reloads at 8x or maybe even 10x clearance and be an attractive site again. They also need to push a big advertising campaign as their traffic usually sucks and will only get worse because of their mishandling of the micro-limiters.

Just my 2c, but I'm very biased since they sort of pulled the rug out from under me mid-bonus.