View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Heads-Up versus Mr. Push (Almost) Every Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just want to ask, how many of you that want to call in hand 4 would have done so with out seeing all the other hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, hand 4 is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "without seeing all the other hands", you mean I really don't know anything about this guy, then I fold, certainly, because most players don't actually push as much as they should, and the range of a typical player, at least at lower levels, is ahead of Q6 by enough to fold.

But that's kind of a silly way to look at this question -- we're taking as given that villain is hyper-aggressive HU, and even just given the first few hands (say, the first three, the ones listed before the hand in question), I'm confident enough in that assessment to go with it.

Given that, I'd say Q6 is a call, because (at a guess -- I don't have pokerstove at hand to run the numbers) it's close enough to even against any two (or a slightly more reasonable "almost any two" range) that the blinds make it worth going after. Close, I would guess, and I wouldn't condemn someone folding here, but I can't imagine it's a big mistake either way.